List of Taxes to be subsumed in GST in India
Here, we provide the list of Central and State Levies which will be subsumed in GST in India.
Generally, Taxes should be divided in two parts. Direct Tax and Indirect Tax. Income Tax, Wealth Tax are parts of Direct Tax. Services Tax, CST, VAT and So on are parts of Indirect Tax. But, after introduction of GST in India all Indirect Taxes will be Subsumed in GST. Here, we Discuss the list of Taxes which will be subsumed in GST.
Central Levies to be subsumed
Following are the list of Central Taxes which will be subsumed in GST in India after Introduction of GST.
- Central Excise Duty & Additional Excise Duties,
- Service Tax,
- Excise Duty under Medicinal & Toilet Preparation Act,
- CVD and Special CVD,
- Central Sales Tax,
- Central surcharges and Cesses in so far as they relate to supply of goods services.
State Levies to be subsumed
Following are the list of State Taxes which will be subsumed in GST in India after Introduction of GST.
- State, surcharges and Cesses in so far as they relate to supply of goods services,
- Entertainment Tax (except, those levied by local bodies),
- Tax on lottery, betting and gambling,
- Entry Tax (All Forms) Purchase Tax,
- VAT/Sales tax,
- Luxury Tax,
- Taxes on advertisements
However, read more Similar Article related to GST & Income Tax Click Here. Section 44AA: Who are required to Maintain Books of Account?.
If you like our Article, then share with your friends.
If you need any help in GST, Accountancy, Income Tax, Tax Audits & Project Financing, Management Consultancy than contact us.